Sunday, June 10, 2012

Viewing

There is work in the glue room, work in the cold shop, work in the annealer, and work on the pedestal. It feels like I have hit the groove in east TN. Not taking anything for granted, just saying. 

I asked a few friends to define art. It seems like a monumental if not fruitless task but I knew they were up for it. I received great responses and will pop them in the blog here and there. I am always curious how others perceive the world around them and through these examinations I often learn more about my perceptions. 

Today, I am dropping Paul Marioni's response. Paul sent a Nietzsche quote that I know he didn't just google, because it is on the chalkboard in his kitchen. 


"We have art in order to not die of the truth" ---Nietzsche


You can almost stare into the abyss after thinking about that for awhile.